Thursday 27 March 2014

Master of the Books

I am really enjoying James Moloney's Master of the Books. I am about halfway through the book because I haven't had any time to read at all (which is probably because I've read 2 other novels, and am reading two other books that are in series as well. To be honest I have a a lot of reading to do!). As (I think) this book is written for a younger age (around 14-16 year olds, maybe 12 if they were as keen a reader as me at that age) there are I few things I picked up. There is a lot of obvious foreshadowing which I don't really mind at all, it lets you guess what is going to happen. The part I don't really like is that you can guess what's going to happen...I mean really guess and you're smack on right. The story line is too predictable and tries to build a climax up that you've already guessed way back in the beginning. Apart from that, I really love this book. I love the whole medieval/magic/fantasy genre, and I've never come across a book in this genre that I don't like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment